Last week, we gave you some great BBS-friendly grill recipes, and today, we have a few more. Enjoy!
Grilled Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- 4 (6 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 medium avocados, diced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, honey, cilantro, minced garlic, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Pour marinade mixture over chicken in large plastic bag. Seal bag while pressing air out, then rub marinade over chicken. Allow to rest in refrigerator 2 – 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Brush grill grates lightly with oil, then grill chicken until center registers 160 – 165 degrees, about 4 minutes per side. Remove and let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, toss together avocado, tomato, onion, garlic, and lime and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon a generous amount over chicken and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Grilled Garlic-Lime Skirt Steak with Veggies
- 1 1/2 lbs. skirt steak
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Your choice of vegetables: bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, etc.
- Extra lime wedges
- Combine minced garlic, olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Place in sealable plastic bag along with skirt steak (you can cut steak into two or three sections for easier grilling). Marinate at least 2 hours up to 10 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill steak for around 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Move steak to indirect heat if you want to cook it longer.
- Slice vegetables into sections. Drizzle with olive oil and season and season with salt and pepper. Grill veggies alongside steak until light grill marks appear – avoid overcooking or excessive charring.
- Allow steak to stand about 5 minutes. Serve with grilled veggies. Add lime wedges on the side to squeeze for additional flavor.
Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 mangos, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl stir together mangos, red peppers, onions, jalapeños, and cilantro. Set aside until ready to use.
- Stir together garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Rub mixture into salmon fillets. Grill over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over grilled salmon, then top with mango salsa and serve.
Grilled Eggplant and Bruschetta
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. chopped basil
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. oil of choice (olive, avocado, etc.)
- Pepper to taste
- For the topping, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic and olive oil in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and let sit for flavors to mix.
- For the eggplant, lay slices in a single layer and sprinkle with salt. Let sit half an hour.
- Preheat grill to medium. Grill eggplant until tender and slightly charred, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Remove and brush with oil, then sprinkle with pepper.
- Place about 2 tbsp. of bruschetta topping on each slice of eggplant. Serve warm or cold.
We hope you’ll enjoy these BBS-friendly grilling recipes. For more tips for success on the Better Body System, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!