Meal Day Meal Prep: Turkey Chili
Our BBR weekly challenge is to do meal prep, and we hope you’re participating! All you have to do is share a picture of how you meal prep on our contest post here for your chance to win a prize.
To help you with this week’s challenge, we have a great Meal Day recipe for you to try. This turkey chili is healthy and delicious, and because you make it in the slow-cooker, it’s incredibly easy to put together. Check out the video and the recipe below!
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef, or ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chiles, or 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 black pepper, to taste
- Cook ground beef or turkey and garlic in a nonstick skillet, breaking apart the meat, until well browned. Drain off any fat very well, then return to the pan.
- Add bell peppers and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cumin.
- Place tomatoes, kidney beans, onion, chilies or jalapeno, tomato paste, and meat mixture in a slow-cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high until flavors are blended, about 4-5 hours. Season to taste with black pepper.
Remember, you can submit your meal prep picture here by January 20 for your chance to win a prize. To stay updated on everything we have planned during the Better Body Resolution, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!