Football season is officially here, and that means it’s time for some delicious game day food! Whether you’re a diehard football fan or just love a good party, these snacks are the perfect way to make yours one to remember!
Ultimate Bean Dip
No game day party is complete without chip dip, and this one is sure to become a favorite! It’s easy to put together, and you’ll be blown away by how much flavor is packed into every bite. Serve it with your favorite tortilla chips and watch it become the hit of the party!
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
Mix all ingredients together. Serve with tortilla chips.
Jalapeño Chicken Burgers
Ready to heat up the grill? These jalapeño chicken burgers are perfect for game day!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. chopped jalapeño
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium heat.
- Transfer the ground chicken to a medium bowl. Add in the onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, paprika, cheese, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper. Using your hands, mix everything together.
- Form the mixture into four 1/2″-thick patties. Grill burgers until cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side.
- Serve in whole-grain hamburger bun or in lettuce wraps. Top with guacamole and any other additional toppings as desired.
Sweet Potato Skins with Chipotle Chicken
These potato skins use sweet potatoes, chicken, and spinach to add a little more nutritional value and, of course, plenty of flavor. Enjoy!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 3 whole chipotle pepper minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups spinach
- 5 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- Plain Greek yogurt for serving
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Wash sweet potatoes and poke all over with a fork.
- Place your chicken in a baking dish and rub with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place both the chicken and the sweet potatoes in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove chicken, leaving the sweet potatoes in the oven for a total cooking time of 50-60 minutes. Allow chicken to cool and then shred with a fork or your hands.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, cut in half and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooling, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and wilt the spinach (this can also be done in the microwave). Toss the spinach and shredded chicken together and keep warm.
- Turn the oven up to 400° F. Scrape some of the sweet potato out of the peels, leaving a medium size layer of flesh inside. Place in a baking dish. Brush the skins with a little of the chipotle sauce and bake for 5-10 minutes until slightly crisp.
- While the skins bake mix the spinach, chicken, and chipotle sauce together. Remove skins from the oven and stuff with the chicken mixture. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the skins are hot and crisp. Serve with fresh chopped cilantro and Greek yogurt if desired.